That time of year has arrived—crisp air, cooling temperatures, colorful leaves and lots of delicious pumpkin recipes to try! These healthy pumpkin pancakes are an easy breakfast, lunch or dinner that will satisfy your pumpkin cravings in a delicious way.
*Makes about 16 medium-sized pancakes
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, brown sugar and olive oil together. Add the buttermilk, vanilla and pumpkin puree and whisk until combined.
- Mix in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and salt until smooth. Gently stir in the water.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat, and grease with some butter or oil. Pour about ¼ cup batter onto the griddle and cook for about 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as bananas, syrup, honey, cinnamon, whipped cream, etc.
*This recipe is adapted from Pinch of Yum.