Everyone has a favorite go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. But even the best recipe needs a little mix-up once in awhile. Here’s a new one for you to try! This cookie combines oats, creamy white chocolate, sweet cherries and crunchy nuts for a delicious treat!
Ingredients: *Makes 3-4 dozen
- 1 ¼ cups unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour (*If baking at high altitude, add an extra tablespoon of flour.)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and blend.
- Add cherries, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for seven minutes.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.