Small decisions we make each day can impact our quality of our life for years to come. We often fail to reflect on how these decisions will impact that life when we are 80 years old. People plan for a wide-range of life occurrences, but few of us plan for inevitable aging. So, how do we assess aging? All medical researchers agree that factors based on our decision making — such as diet, lifestyle, level of exercise, stress, and weight — create the greatest influence on the aging process. The list of supplements that can be called upon to support “anti-aging” can vary greatly depending upon the authority, but the overall goal of these supplements is the prevention of disease and maintenance of health.
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids are a must for anti-aging.
- Coenzyme Q-10 is critical in cellular energy production and mitochondrial support, which supports both cardiovascular health and mental health.
- Antioxidants have been proven especially valuable in minimizing cellular damage and cellular aging. As an antioxidant, Alpha Lipoic Acid assists in the regulation of blood glucose, and the support of liver function and detoxification.
- EGCg, another powerful antioxidant found in green tea, protects against the free radicals that attack collagen and helps keep skin firm and healthy.
- Vitamin D serves as a critical nutrient in our bodies in the areas of immune health, bone density support, and cancer prevention.
Call Spence’s Pharmacy at (435) 753-8500 or stop by the store for more information about vitamins for a healthy life.