This is one of those I-don’t-have-time-to-cook-dinner kind of recipes. The next time you’re at the grocery store, grab some puff pastry sheets and stick them in your freezer. When it’s time for dinner, pull the pastry out of the freezer, sauté up a few veggies and within 30 minutes you’ll have an impressive, fast, nutritious meal ready to eat!
- 2 sheets puff pastry (one full package)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 zucchini or yellow squash (about 1 cup)
- 1 small eggplant (about 1 cup)
- 4-5 cremini or button mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups feta or goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take puff pastry out of freezer, allow to sit until softened but not fully thawed. Roll pastry out on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Cook pastry sheets for 8 minutes.
- Chop vegetables and basil.
- Saute onion, eggplant, zucchini, and mushrooms in oil until softened. Add salt and pepper to taste, and garlic the last 30 seconds of cooking.
- Spoon vegetables on pastry. Scatter cheese over top of vegetables.
- Bake another 8-10 minutes, until pastry is browned.
- When finished baking, sprinkle fresh basil and tomatoes over tops. Serve immediately.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.