Veggie-Packed Creamy Lemon Pasta is a healthier way to enjoy a “rich and creamy” pasta dish. Made with Greek yogurt, roasted zucchini, cherry tomatoes and lemon zest. Simple to make, and a quick and easy summer dinner!
- 8 oz. whole-wheat pasta *reserve about 1/4 cup pasta water
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 zucchini
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- If you haven’t already done so, cook and shred the chicken. (Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees).
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. *Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water!
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and garlic. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill-pan on the stove.
- Slice the zucchini into long, thin strips. Rub with olive oil (or coat the pan with oil to prevent sticking.)
- Working in batches, grill the zucchini until softened, flipping half-way. (Will take five to seven minutes total to grill). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place in the grill pan. Heat until you begin to see little brown grill marks on them, and they begin to soften. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the cooked pasta and chicken into the yogurt mixture. To thin, add the pasta water, 1 Tbsp. at a time until desired thickness is reached.
- Gently toss in the veggies and season with salt and pepper.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.