Are you sick of your usual side dishes? Mix it up with these cheesy sweet potatoes and breadcrumb Brussels sprouts! They’re both great to pair with any meat for a healthy and balanced meal. Both take minimal work and are a quick and delicious way to get some vegetables on your plate.
Cheesy Sweet Potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes
3 T butter, melted
2 cups grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
Salt and pepper
Freshly ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a medium-sized baking dish or round cake pan with butter.
- Peel the potatoes and slice them into thin circles. Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg on the potatoes. Make another layer of potatoes on top and repeat the process until all the sweet potatoes are layered.
- Sprinkle cheese and melted butter on the top layer. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15-30 minutes. *Depending on your oven, the cooking time may vary. It’s done when the sweet potatoes are soft and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Breadcrumb Brussels Sprouts
2 lb. Brussels sprouts
2 T Olive oil
1 Clove Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper
½ cup Breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and trim the Brussels sprouts and toss them in olive oil. Place in a small baking dish and roast for 20 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs and roast for another 10 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are tender. *Watch carefully so they don’t burn!
- Serve warm.