PREP TIME: 5 MIN | COOK TIME: 30 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
This tasty Thai peanut rice bowl is so mouthwatering! Not only is it extremely healthy, with tons of veggies and whole grains, it also has an amazing peanut sauce with lots of lime. It is so refreshing, delicious, and super easy to make. I like to make extra sauce to have on hand to put on salads, quinoa bowls, or use as a marinade.
Makes: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 bowl
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 11⁄2 cups matchstick carrots
- 11⁄2 cups broccoli slaw
- 3 ounces shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups snow peas, diagonally sliced
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, diced
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
Thai Peanut Sauce
1⁄3 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
21⁄2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons squeezable ginger (look for the tube in the produce section)
2 tablespoons squeezable garlic (look for the tube in the produce section)
1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce (I use low sodium)
1 teaspoon Sriracha, more or less to taste
1. In a rice cooker or instant pot, cook rice and quinoa according to package directions. Pro pressure cooker tip: Rinse quinoa and rice, add 3 cups water, cook on high pressure for 4 minutes, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes (instant pot will read L0:10), then manually release pressure.
2. Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add sesame oil, carrots, broccoli slaw, and Brussels sprouts.
3. Cook uncovered for 3–5 minutes, stirring periodically.
4. Mix up Thai Peanut Sauce.
5. When veggies are almost done, add in snow peas, edamame, rice, quinoa, and sauce.
6. Heat through (1–2 minutes).
7. Top with cilantro and peanuts and serve.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.