You won’t miss the chips in these sweet-and-spicy nachos! The sweet pork pairs perfectly with crunchy baby bell peppers. These were a huge hit with our taste testers…and for good reason: they are absolutely delicious.
Makes: 8 Servings | Serving Size: 1/8 Sheet Pan
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 8 hrs | Total Time: 8 hrs 5 min
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 cups baby bell peppers, cut in half and de-stemmed
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced (optional, if you like heat)
- In a slow cooker, place the pork tenderloin, salsa, and brown sugar.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4–5 hours until pork is cooked and shreddable.
- Once fully cooked, shred the pork and let it soak in the juice while assembling the nachos.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a lined cookie sheet, spread the pepper halves.
- Top with pork and cheeses, then place in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Top with tomato, green onions, avocado, and jalapeño.
- Enjoy warm!*Analysis done with 1⁄2 pork marinade, since of all the sauce doesn’t soak into the meat.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.