Makes 16 servings | Serving size: 4 oz
Since we still have some cool days during the spring, comfort food isn’t out of season quite yet, so we had to do a spring risotto. The asparagus and peas are perfect in this creamy dish.
- 16 asparagus spears
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano c
- heese¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼-⅛ teaspoon pepper (depending on preference)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Remove the woody ends from the asparagus, then cut into ½-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the asparagus, peas, and rice.
- Add the wine, then cook until it evaporates.
- Add 2 cups broth, then cook until absorbed.
- Add the remaining broth, ½ cup at a time, then cook until absorbed.
- Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Stir until cheese melts.