There’s nothing better on a cold day than a bowl of chili. This particular recipe is bold and full of flavor, and topping each bowl with creamy avocado is a must.
Makes: 6 Servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Total Time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large, yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 avocados, diced
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add diced onion. After 1 minute, add in the minced garlic and heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Rinse and drain the beans well. Add beans, vegetable broth, salsa, cumin, and chili powder to the stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Chop the cilantro and add half of it to the stock pot, reserving the rest. Add the juice of the lime to the pot and simmer, uncovered, for 15-30 minutes.
- Prior to serving, mix in the freshly-diced cilantro and diced avocado and serve immediately.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.