This black bean soup is full of flavor with a kick of spice. Bake some fresh cornbread to dip in it, and you have a delicious and filling weekday dinner for your family to enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cans black beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 1 Tbsp. chopped canned chipotle chilies
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Chopped tomatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and peppers and heat until browned and soft.
- Add the garlic and cumin.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer on low for 45 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Serve warm.
*Recipe inspired by Bon Appetit
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.