Southwestern Flatbread combines peppery chicken with sweet peppers, black beans and corn on a warm flatbread for a southwest twist!
Ingredients: *Yield: 6-8
- 6-8 pieces of flatbread, store-bought or homemade
- 6-8 chicken tenderloins
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1 avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle in adobo
- Zest and juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make flatbread and salsa (can be done a day ahead) or have store-bought ready to go.
- Brush chicken with EVOO and salt and pepper. *Make sure to liberally pepper the chicken to give it amazing flavor and heat.
- Grill or cook chicken until tender. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Drain and rinse beans, chop pepper and avocado.
- Spread Chipotle Cream on flatbread and add all ingredients on top.
- Put yogurt in a small bowl.
- Mash chipotle to a thick paste. Add to yogurt.
- Add lime, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- If desired, sauté peppers before using.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.