Sweet and with just a hint of spice, this is a great introduction recipe for a curry novice. The pineapple pairs incredibly well with the curry flavors, along with creamy, sweet coconut milk and savory onions and peppers.
Makes: 10 Servings | Serving Size: 1 cup rice, 1 cup curry
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 8 hrs | Total Time: 8 hr 10 min
- 1 large, white onion, sliced into strips
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 20-ounce can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 1⁄2 cup of thejuice)
- 1⁄2 cup red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grated, fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) lite coconut milk
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 12 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (optional for garnish)
- Place sliced onions on the bottom of the slow cooker and add chicken.
- Mix reserved pineapple juice, curry paste, fish sauce, lime juice, ginger, and sugar together in a smallbowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for about 7 hours.
- Add coconut milk, pineapple, and bell peppers and cook on low for another 30-45 minutes until peppers are tender, but not soft.
- Serve 1 cup of curry over 1 cup of rice and garnish with cilantro if desired.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.