This teriyaki dish cooks all day to make tender, flavorful chicken. Then, at the end, you simply add in a few frozen vegetables. Could it get any easier? So go ahead—try it out and enjoy a hassle-free dinner!
Makes 6 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Cup
TOTAL TIME: 6hr 10 min
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (gluten free if needed)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 12 ounce frozen stir fry vegetables of choice
- In a bowl, whisk together the garlic, honey, chicken broth, soy sauce, and chili paste.
- Place the chicken in the bowl of a large slow cooker and pour the soy sauce mixture on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or ow for 6 hours.
- Add the frozen vegetables during the last hour of cook time.
- Shred the chicken and serve over rice, quinoa, or for a low-calorie option try our cauliflower rice!
*Like thicker sauce?: remove 1/2 cup of liquid prior to shredding the chicken and whisk in 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Add back to the slow cooker.