Makes 8 Servings | Serving Size: 2 cups
Total Time: 8hr 15m
- 1 cup Secret Veggie Marinara Sauce (or regular marinara)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, washed and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 2 large red potatoes, washed and cut into chunks
- 8 ounces mushrooms, washed and quartered
- 1 pound stew meat
- 2 cups fresh green beans
Secret Veggie Marinara Sauce
- 3 carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups spinach
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 11⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- For the Marinara, boil the carrots until tender. Remove from heat and drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet and sauté the zucchini and onion until both become tender. Combine the carrots, spinach, zucchini, and onions in a blender with 1⁄3 cup water and blend until smooth.
- In another saucepan, heat the additional tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté the garlic until fragrant.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes into the saucepan with the garlic and add the basil, paprika, pepper, salt, oregano, sugar, and balsamic vinegar.
- Stir in the carrot mixture and add the bay leaf. Allow the sauce to simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- For the Stew, in a medium-sized bowl, stir together the Secret Veggie Marinara Sauce, broth, balsamic vinegar, and garlic.
- Layer the onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place the beef on top of the vegetables, and pour the broth mixture over the beef and vegetables.
- Sprinkle the beans on top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow along at ifit.com