Makes 8 servings | Serving size: 1 cup
You can’t have too many salad recipes that you enjoy, and this salad will even surprise those who disdain Brussels sprouts! They’re a hearty stand-in for lettuce and make this salad a delicious side for any fall dinner.
● 12 ounces Brussels sprouts
● 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
● 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
● 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
● 2 shallots, thinly sliced
● 2 ounces goat cheese
Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
● 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
● 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
● 11⁄2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
● 11⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (gluten free if needed)
● 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
● 1⁄4 teaspoons pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
2. Remove the tough outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts.
3. Using a sharp knife or a mandolin with a hand guard, thinly slice the sprouts, removing the cores.
4. Place the slices in a large bowl. Add the cranberries and pecans.
5. In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil.
6. Add the shallots, then cook until light golden brown.
7. Remove and place on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
8. Add the shallots and goat cheese to the salad.
9. Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette.
10. Toss until everything is well combined.
11. Serve immediately or cover and store in the fridge.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! Our expert dietitians develop, create, and taste-test thousands of recipes every year, releasing new creations on the iFit blog each month. Go to blog.iFit.com to check them out!