Makes 4 servings/serving size: 1 cup
When the weather turns cold, it’s time to cozy up with a delicious, warm drink! This Russian, spicy, honey drink is soothing for your throat during cold season.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 20 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
● 4 cups water
● 1⁄2 cup sugar
● 2 tablespoons honey
● 2 whole cloves
● 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
● 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
● 1 cinnamon stick
● 1 teaspoon lemon zest
● 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Turn off and let rest for 20 minutes.
5. You can enjoy this drink hot or cold!
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.