This lasagna a unique flavor you’re sure to love. It’s made with a creamy bechamel that tastes extremely decadent. Plus, each serving is only 300 calories, but with 31 grams of protein!
PREP TIME: 40 MIN | COOK TIME: 1 HR | TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 40 MIN
● 1 (20-ounce) can chicken, drained and rinsed
● 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
● 1⁄2 red onion, diced
● 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
● 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
● 2 cups spinach
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 1⁄2 cup mozzarella
● 2⁄3 cup fat-free cottage cheese
● 1⁄2 cup Parmesan
● 9 lasagna noodles
● 4 tablespoon butter
● 4 tablespoon flour
● 1⁄4 cup mozzarella
● 3 cups skim milk
● 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
● 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
● 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
1. In a large pot, cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
2. Lay noodles flat on aluminum foil.
3. Preheat oven to 400 ̊F.
4. In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, place the oil and onion.
5. Sauté until onion is tender—about 5 minutes.
6. Add garlic, rosemary, and mushrooms.
7. Turn heat down to medium-low.
8. Continue to sauté for about 10 minutes.
9. Add spinach and chicken.
10. Stir until spinach is wilted. Set aside.
11. Make the Bechamel. In a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat.
12. Stir in the flour, then keep stirring for 5 minutes.
13. Whisk in the milk, 1 cup at a time.
14. Stirring continually, add in 1⁄4 cup mozzarella, rosemary, nutmeg, and pepper.
15. Simmer for 2 minutes.
16. Grease an 8×12” pan.
17. To assemble the lasagna, pour 1⁄2 cup of the bechamel sauce on the bottom of pan. Lay out three
lasagna noodles. Dollop half of the cottage cheese over the noodles. Spread out 1⁄2 of the chicken
mixture and 1⁄2 cup of the bechamel sauce. Repeat, adding another layer of lasagna noodles, the
remaining half of the cottage cheese, chicken mixture, and 1⁄2 cup of the bechamel sauce. Top with
the last layer of noodles, bechamel sauce, 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella, then sprinkle with a little
18. Cover with tin foil, then cook for 40 minutes.
19. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden.
20. Rest before cutting.
21. Slice into 8 equal portions.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.