These red velvet cookies are full of chocolatey goodness, and are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face this holiday season. The bright red and white make for a very festive cookie that looks impressive!
Makes 64 Servings | Serving Size: 1 cookie
Total Time: 40 min
- 11⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring (optional)
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt .
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Once creamed, add the egg, milk, vanilla, and food coloring.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined.
- Roll into small balls—about the size of a quarter.
- Place on the cookie sheet about 11⁄2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7-10minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove the cookies, then place them on a cooling rack.
- Prepare a pan with parchment paper.
- While cookies are cooling, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe dish, and melt, stirring every 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Dip half of the cookies in the white chocolate, then place them on the parchment paper.
- Set in a cool place until the chocolate has hardened. Enjoy!