Getting tired of your turkey sandwich for lunch? Mix it up with these quinoa stuffed avocados. They are full of protein and heart-healthy fats that will keep you full all day!
- 4 avocados
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup black beans
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Your favorite hot sauce
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Feta cheese
- ½ T olive oil
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- In a medium pan, heat the oil and turn to low. Add the peppers and allow them to soften.
- Add the frozen corn and black beans and cook until warm. Add the quinoa and stir everything together.
- Mix in the juice of 1lime, salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- Carefully peel the avocados and slice them in half the long way. Remove the pit and fill with each with quinoa mixture.
- Garnish with cilantro, feta cheese and sour cream.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.