Barbecue season is just about here! This Quick and Easy Spicy Coleslaw is the perfect side dish to bring to your first neighborhood BBQ party.
*Serves 4-6 as a side dish
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1 c. grated carrot
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 c. dill pickles
- 1 jalapeno
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. dill pickle juice
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp. cajun seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- Cut cabbage into very thin ribbons. Place in a large bowl. Add grated carrots.
- Chop red onion, pickles, and jalapeño and add to cabbage.
- Mix mayonnaise, water, pickle juice, cajun seasoning, and pepper in a jar. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour half over cabbage mixture and toss until well-incorporated. Add more dressing to desired consistency. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This slaw is fabulous with bbq or on sandwiches. If you have extra dressing, drizzle it over chicken, bbq pork or chicken or as a substitute for mayo on a sandwich.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.