Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1 waffle
PREP TIME: 5 min
COOK TIME: 10 min
TOTAL TIME: 15 min
You can feel good about eating these delicious pumpkin waffles! Rich in vitamin A and fiber, pumpkin replaces some of the oil and eggs that are used in traditional recipes.
● 1 cup almond milk
● 1 egg
● 3⁄4 cup pureed pumpkin
● 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
● 2 tablespoons brown sugar
● 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
● 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
● 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
● 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
● 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Heat up your waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
3. Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray.
4. Pour 1⁄4 of batter into the waffle iron.
5. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
*Freeze leftover waffles in storage bags, then simply pop them into the toaster on busy mornings!
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! Our expert dietitians develop, create, and taste-test thousands of recipes every year, releasing new creations on the iFit blog each month. Go to blog.iFit.com to check them out!