Pita bread piled high with roast beef, sautéed peppers and pepper jack cheese. This is one of the easiest dinners to throw together, and one that will make the whole family happy (including the husband)!
- 3 green peppers
- 1 large white or yellow onion
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 lb. deli roast beef (We love to use Boar’s Head rare London Broil)
- 6-8 pita bread rounds
- Pepper jack or provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut peppers and onion into thin slices.
- Place in large saucepan with 2 Tbsp. evoo and salt and pepper to taste; sauté over medium heat until soft. Drain, if needed, and pat dry with paper towel.
- In small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. evoo with garlic clove. Brush over pitas.
- Place onion and pepper mixture on pitas. Add roast beef.
- Top with slices of cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.