With the Fourth of July quickly approaching, it’s time to start thinking about your BBQ feast. We’ve made it easy by creating a simple and delicious menu for you.
Main Dish: Grilled Chicken and Veggies (think corn, zucchini, red peppers, etc.) with Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Side Dish One: Cold watermelon and pineapple slices
Side Dish Two: Cowboy Caviar (recipe below)
Drink: Fizzy Soda Slush
Dessert: Homemade Cherry Pie
Homemade Cowboy Caviar
Ingredients: *Makes about 4 cups
- 4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco or hot sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 avocados
- 1 can black-eyed peas or black beans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 ½ cup tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Mix first four ingredients and blend well.
- Chop avocado and gently stir into dressing.
- Drain and rinse black-eyed peas or beans.
- Chop cilantro, green onions and tomatoes.
- Put all ingredients in bowl and toss gently.
- Serve cold or at room temperature with tortilla chips.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.