Celebrate this patriotic month with these Patriotic Fruit Pizza Cookies! These classic sugar cookies are topped with cream cheese frosting, coconut and fresh berries for a red, white and blue treat!
Yield: approx. 5 dozen 3″ cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. coconut extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. coconut extract (optional)
- 5-6 cups powdered sugar
- Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- Sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, yogurt and extracts. Mix together.
- Add dry ingredients (except coconut) and mix just until incorporated.
- Fold in coconut.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface. Using square cookie cutters, cut out cookies, place on parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake for 7-8 minutes. *See notes
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Combine all ingredients in mixer and beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Frost cookies and decorate with berries and coconut.
- We used different size square cookie cutters that came together to create a “flag.” Feel free to use your creativity to create a patriotic masterpiece!
- Baked and frosted cookies can be frozen for up to one month if wrapped well. Decorate after taking out of freezer.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.