PREP TIME: 5 MIN | COOK TIME: 40 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
This soup is one of my favorites. It’s hearty, loaded with veggies, and a little spicy. It also makes great leftovers, so make a big batch this winter, then enjoy this comforting soup!
1 pound ground Italian sausage
● 1 onion, chopped
● 2 cups chopped celery
● 2 cups chopped carrots
● 2 teaspoons garlic powder
● 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
● 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
● 2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
● 1 cup chicken broth
● 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
● 1 cup whole wheat pasta (shape of choice)
● 1 cup water
● 1 cup chopped zucchini
● 1 cup chopped spinach
● 1⁄2 cup Grated parmesan cheese
1. Brown sausage in a large soup pot.
2. Add onions, celery, and carrots and cook until onions are translucent.
3. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper, tomatoes, and broth. Simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Stir in beans, pasta, and extra water and cook until pasta is tender.
5. Stir in zucchini and spinach and heat until spinach is wilted.
6. Serve hot and top with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.