Mother’s Day is coming up, and we’re celebrating with this Overnight Blueberry Bake! Made with crunchy French bread, fresh blueberries, coconut milk and lemon zest, this is such a yummy and simple breakfast you can put together the night before.
Ingredients: *Serves 8-10
- 7-8 cups day-old French or Italian bread
- 5 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Toppings: powdered sugar, maple syrup, lemon zest, etc.
- The night before you serve this, cut bread into 1 1/2″ cubes. Place in greased 9×13″ pan.
- Scatter 3 cups blueberries over bread.
- Roughly mash remaining blueberries in large bowl.
- Add eggs and coconut milk and whisk together.
- Add zest from lemons, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
- Blend together and pour evenly over bread and berries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20-30 minutes, until tops of bread begin to brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with syrup. Serve hot.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Ronero.