PREP TIME: 5 MIN | COOK TIME: 20 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
No need to stress at dinnertime with this meal—you simply throw all the ingredients together. I love topping mine with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, and cilantro. What do you top yours with?
Servings: 5/ 2 cups per serving
● 12 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine or spaghetti noodles
● 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
● 2 cups water
● 2 large carrots, cut into 2-inch strips
● 1 red pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
● 1⁄3 cup sliced green onions
● 5 cloves garlic, minced
● 3 tablespoons unsalted peanut butter
● 11⁄2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
● 11⁄2 tablespoons honey (agave for vegan)
● 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
● 1 teaspoon curry powder
● 3 tablespoons lime juice
● 1 teaspoon chili paste
● 2 tablespoons soy sauce
● 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1. Combine all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes. Most of the liquid should
be absorbed when it’s done.
3. Garnish with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, or cilantro, if desired.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.