Need to have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes? Minimal dishes? Here’s your answer: One-Pot Pasta e Fagioli is literally dinner in a pot! “Pasta and Beans” is the easiest meal ever…pasta, beans, tomatoes and cheese simmered to perfection!
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups homemade or canned chicken stock
- 1 15-oz. can stewed Italian-style tomatoes
- 6 oz. chunky pasta (farfalle, fusilli, gemelli)
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini or small white beans
- 1 bunch fresh basil (or 1 tsp. each dried basil and oregano but fresh is highly recommended)
- 1 1/2 cups grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- Mince garlic and cook in oil for about 30 seconds.
- Add stock and tomatoes and heat until boiling.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Stir in beans and basil and heat.
- Stir some cheese in with pasta just before serving, and sprinkle cheese and extra basil on top.
- Add cooked chicken or prosciutto for a heavier meal.
- A salad or crusty bread to lap up the juices is all you need for a complete dinner.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.