courtesy of Northern Utah Vintage Market Days
It’s that time of year we all start dreaming of warmer days ahead and sunny strolls down the long aisles of fabulous vintage, handmade, and one-of-a-kind finds. If you are planning to visit Vintage Market Days for the first time, or are a seasoned pro, here are some tips and tricks to know before you go:
MARKET TIP 1:
Come prepared! We are a three-day indoor/outdoor market. Wear layers to accommodate for our wild Utah weather; you never know what Mother Nature has in store. Bring a wagon or a shopping bag and wear comfy shoes, you’ll have a lot of ground to cover at this year’s market! We are thrilled to host our LARGEST event ever in Northern Utah! More vendors, more space (two large barns filled with vendors, plus additional outdoor vendors), food trucks, live music, and so much more!
MARKET TIP 2:
Cash is best. While most vendors will accept cards and Venmo, cash is still king! Just make sure to bring a bit extra in case you see an item you have been dying for!
MARKET TIP 3:
Make sure to know your measurements in advance and bring your truck! That’s right, you’ll want measurements so when you spy a great find you’ll be ready to buy it. We can speak here from past experience and regret. It stings when you’ve had to go home to measure and then upon return, you discover that the treasure you wanted went home with someone else who bought it first. Don’t forget to bring your truck, or that of a friend, to get larger pieces home. We do offer a service to help load larger items.
MARKET TIP 4:
Plan to spend the day or even the weekend with us. There is so much to see and you’ll want the time to navigate through each aisle to make sure you get to experience it all.
MARKET TIP 5:
Early bird gets the worm! Our gates open at 10 a.m. each day, and 30 minutes prior for all pre-purchased ticket holders. All tickets are good for early entrance and re-entry each day during our three-day market. This is key because our vendors restock each night. Each event, each day, is an entirely new experience with new finds.
- Mixing old and new. The new pieces will add a certain level of crispness, while the vintage pieces will bring interest and depth into your space. If you buy a new couch, then you may want to buy vintage end tables, an ottoman, or vice versa.
- Adding small vintage elements to your home adds uniqueness. People want decor that is one-of-a-kind and tells a story. Bookends, brass figurines, vintage hunting decoys, old tools and toolboxes, clocks, vases, vintage sports equipment, original art, or even a gallery wall of framed postcards are great ways to add!
- Don’t be afraid to mix eras. We think every era has such cool designs to pull from. If you mix eras, your home will be less likely to go out of style.
- Vintage textiles are a fun way to inject color, pattern, and softness into your space. Hanging a vintage textile can even be a unique way to add texture and color to the room.
- Bottom line: Find and use items that you love because your home should be a place that makes you happy!
At Vintage Market Days we bring in local vendors and vendors from across the United States. Our vendors know their stuff! Most know the stories and history of their pieces. They work for months leading up to each event, scouring the country to bring you the very best in vintage. Not only can you find unique treasures, but you will also be inspired as they spend days before we open the gates to our customers, preparing and curating beautiful booths.
Thank you Cache Valley for your support over the years. In the span of just three days during our market, you help support and keep over 225 vintage and small business dreams alive! We love to see and hear the stories from all of you and how it’s become a tradition that you look forward to each spring and fall. At each event, we try to make a truly one-of-a-kind experience for you! We are so excited to see you at our next market, May 11-13 at the Cache County Fairgrounds.