This Mexican pita pizza is a flavorful and simple meal for a busy night. It uses fresh and healthy ingredients, and only takes a few minutes to throw together. Use your favorite salsa as the sauce, or try Tagge’s corn salsa, which adds a punch of sweet and spicy flavor.
Ingredients: *serves 4
- 4 whole wheat or white pita breads
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa (Tagge’s corn salsa is recommended).
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can of black beans
- Pinch of salt
- Feta cheese for topping (or your favorite cheese if you dislike feta).
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the pita breads on a baking sheet and spoon salsa onto each, until covered.
- Put ¼ cup of corn on each pita, and spoon desired amount of black beans on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and a pinch of salt, and bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the pita bread is beginning to harden on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and top with avocado, cilantro and Greek yogurt/sour cream.