This Mediterranean Tortellini Salad is a simple, fresh recipe combining cheese tortellini with tomatoes, artichokes, kalamata olives and a red-wine vinaigrette. A yummy weeknight dinner idea!
- 1 lbs. frozen or fresh cheese tortellini pasta
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Fresh basil for topping
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the tortellini according to package. Drain pasta water and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette by adding red-wine vinegar, lemon, garlic and sugar to a food processor or blender. Blend until mixed.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the dressing, allowing it to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives into bite-size pieces.
- Combine pasta, sun-dried and cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives in a large bowl. Toss with desired amount of dressing and top with fresh basil and feta cheese.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger Sarah Romero.