Mango Jalapeno Meatballs – a unique and delicious blend of cilantro, mango and ground chicken! Dipped in a creamy coconut sauce and fig jam.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1-2 jalapeños
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2″ square piece ginger
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (use the thickened part off the top of the can)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fig jam or chutney (optional) for dipping
- Place ground chicken in large bowl.
- Chop cilantro and dice jalapeño and green onions and add to chicken.
- Add coriander, paprika, zest, salt and pepper. Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Finely chop mango and add to mixture.
- Form into 1 1/2″ balls.
- Melt coconut or olive oil in large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, turning frequently to brown meatballs on all sides. This should take around 7-10 minutes.
- Seed and core jalapeno. Peel ginger.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until reduced and thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon over cooked meatballs.
- Serve over rice or with jam or chutney.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.