You’ve gotta try these sweet, coastal kabobs. Grilled mango tastes so fresh, and it blends perfectly with the flavors of the coconut-based chicken marinade. Marinades are a low-calorie way to add flavor to grilled chicken.
Makes: 4 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Kabob
Prep Time: 3 Hr | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 3 Hr 20 min
- 2 mangos, cubed
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cubed or cut into strips
Marinade: (analysis done with ⅛ of marinade)
- ¾ cups canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet curry powder
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- Mix together the marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken in a large plastic bag. Marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Thirty minutes before grilling, remove the chicken from the fridge and allow to warm to room temperature.
- Layer the chicken and mango chunks on skewers and place on a preheated grill. Cook for about 5-10 minutes each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and enjoy!
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.