This Mother’s Day, surprise your wife, mom or grandma with breakfast in bed! These lemon poppy seed pancakes are sweet, fluffy and simple to make. Pair them with some fresh berries and syrup, and you have a delicious breakfast that is sure to make an impression.
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- Zest of 4 lemons
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Berries and syrup for topping
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl or large liquid measuring cup, mix the poppy seeds, lemon zest, buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix, it’s ok if the batter is slightly lumpy.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet and grease with butter. Scoop about 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle and smooth into a circle. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until firm. Flip and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter, syrup and fresh berries.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.