Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1 bowl
8 hr 10 min
With this recipe, you’ll make bright, colorful, protein-packed veggie bowls the whole family will love! Plus, these healthy quinoa bowls have 29 grams of protein and only 440 calories!
● 1 cup uncooked quinoa
● 1 tablespoon sesame oil
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 2 cup chopped broccoli
● 1 yellow pepper, sliced
● 1 red pepper, sliced
● 2 carrots, chopped
● 1 cup snow peas
● 1⁄4 red onion, sliced
● 2 cups Korean Shredded Pork
Korean Shredded Pork
● 2 pounds boneless pork loin
● 2⁄3 cup hoisin sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
● 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (gluten-free, if needed)
● 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
● 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
● 4 garlic cloves, minced
● 1⁄4 cup sliced green onions
1. First make the Korean Shredded Pork.
2. Place the pork loin in the bottom of a slow cooker. Whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and green onions. Pour on top of the pork loin.
3. Cook, covered, on high for 6 hours or on low for 8 hours.
4. 30 minutes before pork is finished, bring the quinoa and two cups of water to a simmer in a medium sauce pan. Cover and reduce the heat. Cook until all the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked—about 20 minutes.
5. In a wok or skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and remaining vegetables. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
6. Divide the quinoa among four bowls. Top with 1⁄2 cup pork and 1/4th of the stir fry vegetables.
7. Leftover pork can be used for tacos, burritos, rice bowls, etc.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! Our expert dietitians develop, create, and taste-test thousands of recipes every year, releasing new creations on the iFit blog each month. Go to blog.iFit.com to check them out!