Makes 8 servings | Serving size: 1⁄2 cup
This Italian hot chocolate is the perfect indulgence to enjoy this holiday season. It tastes nothing like a normal packet of hot cocoa mix. It’s so thick, you’ll actually need a spoon!
● 1⁄2 cup sugar
● 2 cups whole milk, divided
● 3 teaspoons cornstarch
● 3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
● 1 tablespoon cocoa
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together sugar, and 11⁄2 cups milk.
2. Heat on medium-low until bubbles start to form around the edges.
3. Mix the remaining 1⁄2 cup of milk with the cornstarch.
4. Whisk the cornstarch mixture to the milk mixture.
5. Cook for an additional minute, or until the mixture thickens slightly.
6. Add the chocolate and cocoa stir until smooth.
7. When chocolate has melted completely, serve in mugs.
8. Keep in mind that the longer it sits out, the thicker it will become.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! Our expert dietitians develop, create, and taste-test thousands of recipes every year, releasing new creations on the iFit blog each month. Go to blog.iFit.com to check them out!