Need a simple but delicious breakfast to serve on Christmas morning? Try these Instant Pot Gingerbread Steel Cut Oats! Ready in under 30 minutes and full of festive flavor! (No worries if you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can still make them on the stove.)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rasins (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid and using the manual setting, set for three minutes. The Instant Pot will show “On” first, which means it is preheating. As soon as it’s preheated, it will cook for the three minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure come down naturally, this will take about 15 minutes. You know it’s ready when the float valve on top drops.
- Remove the lid and enjoy immediately!
- Leftovers can be kept in the fridge and reheated!
- Don’t have an Instant Pot? No worries. You can make this on the stovetop. Just add all ingredients to a pot and follow the cooking directions on your steel-cut oat’s package.