PREP TIME: 1 HR | COOK TIME: 20 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
You’d never guess that these light, fluffy rolls are made with 100% whole wheat flour! They’re fancy enough for the holidays and easy enough that you’ll want to make them all year long!
● 2 tablespoons dry active yeast
● 1 cup warm water
● 2 tablespoons honey, divided
● 1⁄2 cup 1% milk
● 6 tablespoons butter, divided
● 3 eggs, beaten
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 4 cups whole wheat flour
● 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (for rolling)*
1. In a stand mixer, add yeast, water, and 1 tablespoon of the honey.
2. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
3. Microwave the milk for 1 minute until hot.
4. MIx in 2 tablespoons butter.
5. Once cool, whisk in eggs, 1 tablespoon honey, and salt.
6. Add milk mixture to yeast mixture.
7. Using a dough hook, slowly add flour and mix until a ball forms and the dough pulls away from the
side of the bowl. (About 10–15 minutes.)
8. Let rest for 20 minutes.
9. Divide dough in half.
10. On a floured surface, roll half of the dough into a large circle, 1⁄4 inch thick.
11. Brush with melted butter.
12. Use a pizza cutter and slice into 16 wedges.
13. Roll each wedge up, starting at the bottom of the triangle up to the point.
14. Place rolls point-side-down on baking sheet.
15. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
16. Allow to rise while oven is preheating to 375°F.
17. Bake for 8–10 minutes until golden brown
18. Brush hot rolls with remaining butter.
*You can also use whole wheat flour for rolling out. However, I noticed that it left the tops of the rolls a
little gritty, so I would recommend rolling in all-purpose flour.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.