PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 20 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
The trick to a great steak is a great seasoning. This dry rub is created with 10 herbs and spices that assures a well seasoned steak in every bite. With a little cayenne kick and lots of flavor, it’s my favorite way to spice up anything grilled. It is my first go to when I want something tried and true for the grill, that I know my whole family will love.
Makes 4 servings
Serving size: 4 ounce steak (3 cooked)
- 4 (4-ounce) cuts of lean sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Santa Maria Dry Rub
Santa Maria Dry Rub
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
1. Mix all rub ingredients together in a bowl. Store leftovers in a plastic bag.
2. Coat the steak with the olive oil and rub both sides with the Santa Maria Dry Rub. Allow
the steak to rest for a minimum of 15 minutes.
3. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Grill the steak for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until
desired doneness is reached.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.