PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 10 MIN | TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
This simple dish is perfect for a summer BBQ or a quick weeknight meal. The sweet and spicy salsa is the perfect topping for salmon. Pair with some grilled corn, side salad, or brown rice for an easy, healthy, summer meal.
Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1 (4-ounce) salmon filet
● 4 (4-ounce) salmon filets
● 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
● 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
● 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
● 1 cup pineapple, diced
● 1 tomatoes, diced
● 1 avocado, diced
● 1⁄2 jalapeño, veins and seeds removed, then diced
● 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
● 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
● 1⁄2 lime, juiced
● 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
1. Preheat grill on low heat. Spray with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
2. Sprinkle the salmon filets with garlic, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and ground pepper.
3. Grill on low heat until cooked through and easily flaked with a fork—about 5 minutes on each side.
4. Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
5. To serve, top each filet with 1⁄4 of the pineapple jalapeño salsa.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.