This simple dish is perfect for a summer BBQ or a quick weeknight meal. The sweet and spicy salsa is the perfect topping for salmon. Not only is salmon loaded with healthy fats, it’s also a great source of protein. Pair with some grilled corn, side salad, or brown rice for an easy, healthy, summer meal.
Makes: 4 Servings | Serving Size: 1 (4oz) Salmon Filet with 1/4 Pineapple Salsa
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 20 min
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon filets 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeño, veins and seeds removed, then diced 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Preheat grill on low heat. Spray with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the salmon filets with garlic, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and ground pepper.
- Grill on low heat until cooked through and easily flaked with a fork—about 5 minutes oneach side.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- To serve, top each filet with 1⁄4 of the pineapple jalapeño salsa.
The nutrition team at iFit is dedicated to providing delicious recipes that are quick, easy, and healthy! For more recipes be sure to follow @iFit.