Who doesn’t love homemade pizza? Especially when it’s made on the grill! This Grilled Margherita Pizza is a fresh and delicious recipe combining mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and garden tomatoes on a garlic and olive oil-brushed crust.
Ingredients: *Makes about 6 small pizzas
- 2 Tbsp. dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Combine the yeast, honey and warm water in a standing mixing bowl. Let sit for about five minutes until the yeast begins to bubble.
- Add the oil, 4 cups of flour and salt. Blend on low using a dough hook.
- Increase the speed and knead for 8-10 minutes. Add more flour as needed if the dough is sticking to the sides of the bowl. (It should stick to bottom of bowl but pull away from sides.
- Cover the bowl and let rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat grill to a temperature of about 400 degrees (or hotter.)
- Punch dough down and divide into about 6 pieces. Sprinkle surface with a little cornmeal, and roll dough out into circles about 1/3-1/2 inch thick.
- Brush one side with olive oil and garlic.
- Prepare toppings: Slice tomatoes, basil and cheese.
- Place pizzas carefully on hot grill, with oiled side down.
- Grill about five minutes over high heat. Watch closely and turn heat down if bottoms are browning too quickly.
- Flip pizzas over, brush again with oil and garlic, and add toppings. Cook another five minutes.
- Serve immediately!
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.