Creamy vanilla yogurt topped with lemon zest, fresh berries and crunchy homemade granola. This is an easy and versatile breakfast or snack, full of protein and so yummy!
- 1 container Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Fresh berries: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup puffed rice
- 3 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place a piece of PARCHMENT PAPER on a baking sheet. This step is very important. If you use tin foil, granola may burn. If you don’t use anything, granola will stick to pan, specifically the buckwheat groats.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until grains are evenly coated in wet ingredients.
- Spread granola evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Set to broil, and broil for 5 more minutes, until grains begin to turn golden brown and crunchy. *Watch closely during this step! Every oven is different and may burn if your broil gets too hot.
- Remove from oven and resist the urge to stir! Let it cool completely on the pan.
- Place yogurt in a bowl. Top with berries, lemon zest and granola.
- The serving size for this says one because it calls for 1 carton of yogurt. However, this makes a few cups of granola, so store the extra granola in an airtight container and use throughout the week.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.