Need a refreshing meal or snack without turning on that oven? There are loads of fresh Mediterranean flavors in this Greek Seven-Layer Dip: hummus, olives, peppers, feta, cucumbers, tomatoes and mint. The perfect dip for pita bread!
Ingredients: *Yield: One large appetizer platter
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 English cucumber (or your favorite variety)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups hummus
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup marinated artichokes
- 3/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup feta cheese or goat cheese
- Fresh mint
- Flat bread, pitas or pita chips
- Mince onion and finely chop cucumber.
- Toss with vinegar, water and salt and pepper and let sit 10 minutes. Drain well before using.
- Chop veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- Spread hummus over large serving tray.
- Layer the ingredients over hummus.
- Top with feta or goat cheese and fresh mint and serve with bread or chips.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.