Are you looking for a simple but impressively delicious dessert to bring to your family Christmas party? Look no further. This gingerbread is like the classic cookie, but in the softer, moist form of cake. Topped with smooth caramel, bananas and whipped cream, this is a luscious holiday treat, but so easy to make!
Ingredients: *Serves 8-10
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cube unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer.
- Add egg and molasses and blend well.
- Add dry ingredients and hot water and beat until combined and smooth.
- Pour into greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream and brown sugar and stir until well combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and cook for five minutes, until mixture begins to thicken.
- Whip cream, vanilla and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Slice bananas.
- Serve cake with caramel, whipped cream and bananas.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.