Who needs store-bought salsa when you can make your own from fresh summer produce? Next time you need a side dish or appetizer, mix it up with this Fresh Nectarine Salsa–a sweet and salty snack for dipping those chips.
- 2 ripe nectarines
- 2 small garden tomatoes (any variety)
- 1/3 cup jicama, chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Juice from one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop nectarines (peeled), tomatoes, jicama and avocado into bite-sized pieces.
- Dice the red onion and jalapeño and roughly chop the cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients in a serving bowl and add lime, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix and serve chilled with tortilla chips.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.