Beat the heat with a refreshing soda slush. This delicious beverage takes fewer than 10 ingredients to make and is a good way to keep cool during the summer.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4-6 ice cubes
- 1-2 Tbsp. of cherry or strawberry syrup
- Blueberries (1/4 cup per slush)
- Sprite (use as needed)
- 1 package of Pop Rocks (optional)
- Mix lemon juice, sugar and ice cubes in blender.
- Pour the mixture into two bowls. Add fruit-flavored syrup to one or both. Mix until blended.
- Put bowls in freezer for three hours or until frozen.
- Place a layer of frozen lemonade inside a glass, add blueberries and then more frozen lemonade.
- Splash some Sprite into the glass.
- Put lemon juice on the rim of the glass, add Pop Rocks and/or sugar.