Easter is coming up! Do you have a brunch planned to make for your family? If not, here’s an incredibly simple and delicious dish that the whole family will love! Feta and Veggie Frittata is basically a crust-less quiche packed full of all your favorite veggies. This is a great dish for using up those extra veggies in the fridge! Just sauté them in oil, throw them in a pan with some eggs and cheese, and bake. A simple, fresh and tasty brunch in no time at all!
Ingredients: *Serves 6-8
- 3-4 mushrooms
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup packed spinach or kale
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 lbs. bacon or sausage (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ lb. Monterey Jack, Pecorino, Parmesan, sharp cheddar or any favorite cheese
- Pinch of salt
- 4 drops Tabasco
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon or sausage (if using)
- Chop veggies and sauté in olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a buttered 12″ quiche dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (until knife comes out almost clean.)
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
*Note: Be creative! This recipe can be changed according to what veggies you have in your fridge. Add your favorite to create a different-tasting dish every time. Artichoke hearts, tomatoes, red peppers, left-over potatoes, fresh basil or parsley (just a few ideas!)
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.