“Everything” Pasta Salad is just as its name describes! It combines a bit of everything: chunky pasta, cranberries, apples, gorgonzola cheese, fresh corn and balsamic vinegar. Perfect to take as a side dish to a family party or barbecue.
Ingredients: *Yield: 6-8 servings as a side dish
- 6 oz. chunky pasta
- 2 cobs of corn (or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn)
- 2 apples
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3 oz. gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Cook pasta until al dente. Set aside.
- Cut corn off cobs (Cook first, if desired.)
- Cut apple sand oranges into bite-sized chunks.
- Toast pine nuts over low heat on stove until golden brown. Cool.
- Mince red onion and parsley. Break up gorgonzola.
- Place all ingredients in large bowl and toss with dressing to taste.
- Combine all ingredients in jar and shake until blended.
- When corn is in season, we like to use it straight off the cob! If you’d prefer, you can cook it before adding to the salad.
- Add a protein like chicken or steak for a main-dish salad.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.